Court Date In Lindsay Lohan Car Accident Case Cancelled
NEW YORK – According to the New York prosecutors, Lohan’s scheduled court appearance for Tuesday has been cancelled. It appears the actress is off the hook after being arrested for leaving the scene of an accident last month as no future court date was scheduled.
Lindsay Lohan was involved in an accident last month where she left the scene of the accident after her Porsche allegedly clipped a pedestrian in an alley behind an upscale Manhattan hotel. The fact that no future court date has been announced, is an indication that the district attorney has decided not to move forward with the case. However, the spokeswoman for the Manhattan District Attorney’s office declined to comment on why the case against the “Mean Girls” actress was not moving ahead.
Lohan’s spokesman, Steve Honig said, “Apparently prosecutors agreed that there wasn’t enough to proceed. This turned out to be nothing just like we said from the very beginning.”
Lohan was charged on September 19 with a misdemeanor after a man said he has been hit by the actress’ car behind the Dream hotel. The 26-year-old actress has been in and out of court, rehab and prison since her drunk driving arrest in Los Angeles in 2007. Her court date was scheduled for October 23.
Just a week after the incident in New York, Lohan was reportedly involved in a public spat with a man. Apparently, the man refused to delete her pictures he had taken from his phone. Lohan claimed that the man assaulted her, but the charges were later dropped. Then again, earlier this month, Lohan was involved in another incident. Apparently, she and her mama Dina were in a blowout, violent fight early morning which ended in a 911 call with cops rushing to her Long Island residence. Luckily, no one was arrested.